Car Accident Lawyers
GET THE HELP YOU NEED FROM AN ALBUQUERQUE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
Car accidents are among the leading causes of serious injuries in the United States. According to data from the New Mexico Department of Transportation, there were 46,786 collisions reported in the state in 2018 alone. People who have been in car and truck accidents need a lot of help. Not only do you have to recover from your injuries, but also you have to deal with the complexities of an insurance claim and aggressive insurance adjusters. At a time when you are at your most depleted, this can be overwhelming.
We understand. At Caruso Law Offices, P.C., our Albuquerque Car Accident Lawyers will get you the compensation and justice you deserve. We only handle car and truck accidents, and we have seen almost every type of accident possible. We know how to proceed in each one. When you work with us, you will have access to years of knowledge backed by a track record of success. We always take care of our clients. We can take care of you, too.
Our founder and senior attorney Mark Caruso is a former insurance company attorney who now exclusively represents victims of car and truck accidents. He used to work for the same insurance companies that he now fights to get his clients the most money possible. Mark Caruso knows the ins-and-outs of the insurance claims business. He knows the tricks of the insurance claims business. Their tricks won’t work on him.
Mark Caruso has trained his attorneys and staff on how to deal with the insurance adjusters working for these automobile insurance companies. Because Caruso Law Offices only handles car and truck accidents, the law firm focuses its entire practice on just one type of law — car and truck accidents. It’s no surprise that Caruso Law Offices is considered by clients, other attorneys and professional associations as one of the top car and truck personal injury and wrongful death attorneys in New Mexico.
Consultations are always free. No obligation. Call us now at 505-596-4891 and tell us what happened.
MANY KINDS OF ACCIDENTS, ONE HIGH STANDARD
Car accidents come in many forms—varying widely in how they happened and the type of injury suffered by our clients. At Caruso Law Offices, P.C., our top-rated Albuquerque car accident lawyers have the skills and legal knowledge to handle all types of accidents. No matter what kind of car or truck accident you were in, we will provide the same high-quality legal assistance. Among other cases, we can help you with:
- Distracted driving accidents: When a driver is distracted, the resulting accident is often severe with multiple injuries. These drivers will speed too fast, make imporoper lane changes, fail to observe traffic control devices like stop signs and traffic lights and cause rear-end collisions . Distractions in the vehicle could be a cell phone, the radio, a pet, conversations with passengers in the vehicle or distractions from someone or something outside the vehicle. Anything that takes the driver’s focus from the safe operation of his/her vehicle is a distraction that can cause a collision and injury to others.
- Drunk driving accidents: Unfortunately, this is a significant issue in New Mexico where we have one of the highest DWI accidents. Caruso Law Offices pursues claims and charges against drivers who were under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If you or your loved one was hurt in a collision with an intoxicated driver, please call our New Mexico DUI accident attorney immediately. If you are injured by a DWI driver, you may also be entitled to punitive damages to punish the DWI driver for your damages and injuries.
- Passenger injuries: If you were not a driver in the accident, you may have access to multiple insurance claims to cover your medical bills and lost wages. Your claims for damages and injuries may be against other drivers or even the driver of your vehicle. Relatives may bring claims against the insurance companies of relatives who operated the vehicle negligently. Our New Mexico passenger injury lawyer will protect your rights.
- Uninsured motorists: If the negligent driver didn’t have insurance, we can find other avenues for compensation. New Mexico law requires insurance companies to sell uninsured motorist coverage for all vehicle. You can waive this uninsured motorist insurance only if certain requirements are met. Uninsured motorist coverage steps into the shoes of the uninsured drover, and your own insurance company pays you what you would have got if the uninsured driver had insurance.
- Getting medical care: You may need more treatment than just the emergency room. If necessary, we have a list of physicians and other professionals who will delay payment until you receive your injury settlement. Our lawyers have been approved by doctors and health care providers throughout the state to issue letters of protection as a promise to pay when the case settles. This permits our lawyers to refer you to well qualified doctors who won’t charge you a co-pay or deductible or even bill you until the case settles. You can get first class health care to treat your injuries and have your bills paid by the other driver’s automobile insurance.
Our goal is to make sure that you get everything you need while working through the recovery and insurance claim process. This looks different for everyone, which is why we tailor our approach to your exact situation. But we want you to know that we will take the stress out of your car and truck accident.
Car Accidents are overwhelming, and you likely have many questions. With our experienced Albuquerque car accident lawyers on your side, however, we will remove as much anxiety as possible.
HOW TO PROVE LIABILITY IN A NEW MEXICO AUTO ACCIDENT CASE
New Mexico is an ‘at fault’ car accident state. To hold another driver responsible for your crash, you must prove that their negligence (unsafe actions or inactions) contributed to the collision. A successful car accident injury claim will be supported by compelling and well-organized evidence. We will investigate your accident and secure all of the evidence you need to prove fault.
Caruso Law Offices utilizes expert investigators who can be immediately called and directed to the scene of an accident. This is extremely important if the accident involves a commercial vehicle, since the commercial vehicle driver is normally directed to contact a specific accident investigator upon impact with another vehicle. You must protect the evidence in a commercial vehicle crash immediately following the crash.
As New Mexico is a pure comparative fault jurisdiction, liability can be split amongst multiple parties—in fact, an injured victim may even be held partially responsible for their own accident. Insurance companies often try to push blame onto the plaintiff in order to reduce the value of a settlement. Do not let them get away with it: An unfair assignment of fault could dramatically reduce the value of your case.
WE HELP CAR ACCIDENT VICTIMS MAXIMIZE THEIR FINANCIAL COMPENSATION
In New Mexico, car accident victims can recover financial compensation for both economic and intangible losses. Of course, insurance companies have an incentive to settle these claims for the lowest amount possible. With experience on the other side, Mark Caruso and Caruso Law Offices knows their tactics and strategies. He knows how to help clients maximize their compensation. Depending on the specific circumstances of your case, you may be eligible to recover financial support for:
- Automotive repairs or vehicle replacement;
- Emergency room treatment;
- Medical bills and health-related expenses;
- Loss of current and future earnings;
- Pain and suffering;
- Permanent disfigurement or impairment; and
- Wrongful death of a family member
- Punitive damages in DWI, hit-and-run and police-chase accidents
HOW OUR ALBUQUERQUE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER MARK CARUSO CAN HELP
If you or your loved one was injured in a crash in New Mexico, it is normal to be overwhelmed. The road after a car accident can be long, so you need the right Albuquerque car accident attorneys on your side. At our law firm, we will help you deal with every issue as soon as it comes up. We have done this for a long time, and we can advise you on a host of legal and medical situations. More specifically, our Albuquerque auto accident attorney is ready to:
- Conduct a free, in-depth review of your car or truck accident case;
- Listen to your story and answer any questions about your rights or options;
- Investigate the accident—gathering all relevant evidence, including medical records;
- Represent you before the insurance company, handling correspondence and settlement negotiations; and
- Prepare a compelling, well-documented car or truck accident injury claim.
While most motor vehicle accident cases are eventually settled, Mark Caruso is a trial-tested personal injury lawyer. We are prepared to bring your claim wherever it needs to go to get you the complete financial compensation that you deserve.
Click to Apply to the Caruso Law Car Accident Injury Scholarship
CALL TO ARRANGE A NO-PRESSURE CONSULTATION WITH AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY
At Caruso Law Offices, P.C., we fight aggressively to protect the rights and interests of our clients. If you were injured in a car, our attorney is standing by, ready to help. To learn more about how our dedication to results can benefit you, we invite you to call 505-596-4891 or reach out to us online now to request a free initial consultation.
If you are not able to visit our offices in Albuquerque or Rio Rancho, we can make arrangements to come and see you in your own home or hospital, if necessary. We accept cases throughout New Mexico, and we will travel to see you if you cannot drive to Albuquerque or Rio Rancho. We do not charge anything unless we win the case for you. We offer a contingency fee, which makes us more affordable than any other personal injury attorney in New Mexico.
GET AN EXPERIENCED LEGAL TEAM FOR THE ROAD AHEAD
The road after a car accident can be long, so you need the right people on your side. At our law firm, we will help you deal with every issue as soon as it comes up. We have done this for a long time, and we can advise you on a host of legal and medical situations.
For a free consultation, please contact our office. You can reach our Albuquerque car accident lawyers by email or by phone:505-596-4891. We practice throughout New Mexico from our location in Albuquerque.
I want to thank the Caruso Law Firm and all their kind, courteous staff! I couldn’t be more pleased with their service. I really appreciate all you have done to help my case.
C. Saller, Albuquerque
Call to arrange a no-pressure confidential and FREE consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney in Albuquerque
Our New Mexico personal injury lawyers are aggressive, result-focused advocates for injured victims. Your free consultation is always with an attorney, not a paralegal. We handle motor vehicle cases throughout the entire state of New Mexico and all pueblos and reservations in New Mexico.
Get a free consultation by phone, at our office, your home, the hospital or other location. We travel the state representing clients, so we can meet you anywhere in New Mexico.