Silver City Truck Accident Lawyers
Truck accidents may be low on the list when it comes to frequency, as semis, 18-wheelers, and other heavy commercial vehicles are involved in just 5.7 percent of all crashes based upon statistics from the New Mexico Department of Transportation. However, these incidents are disproportionate when it comes to fatalities. Large truck-involved collisions are responsible for 15.3 percent of all traffic-related deaths, and they cause severe injuries to hundreds of other victims. Because of the size and weight of a fully loaded semi, the most devastating harm affects the occupants of the passenger vehicle and not the truck driver.
The physical, financial, and emotional implications of a truck crash can be extensive, so it is reassuring to know that New Mexico laws provide you right rights. You may qualify to recover monetary damages for your losses, and our Silver City truck accident lawyers at Caruso Law Offices, P.C. are prepared to fight for the compensation you deserve. Please call to schedule a free consultation, and read on for some general information about truck crash claims.
Common Types of Truck Driver Negligence
The theory of liability behind these crashes is negligence, which means you need to prove that the truck operator caused the incident through a breach of the duty to drive safely. You also need evidence that the breach was the direct cause of the accident, such that it would not have occurred but for the driver’s misconduct. Any motorist can be at fault for such negligent acts as:
- Speeding, running red lights, disregarding traffic controls, failure to yield right-of-way, and other violations of traffic laws;
- Texting, talking on the phone, posting to social media, and associated cell phone use;
- Other types of distracted driving, including eating, grooming, interacting with a GPS, or playing the radio.
In addition, some types of negligence and misconduct are specific to truck accidents. There are many individuals and entities that play a role in ensuring that the tractor and trailer are safe. For instance, a company may be liable for causing a crash because of unsecured cargo, improper maintenance or repairs, failure to inspect, or negligence in training and hiring the driver.
The Complicated Legal Process for Truck Crash Claims
Any motor vehicle accident is complex, as you will usually start the process by filing a claim with the operator’s insurance company. You might be able to settle your claim by agreement, but you will need to take your case to court if the insurer will not agree to a fair, reasonable amount of compensation.
However, truck accident cases are also much more complicated than other traffic incidents in multiple ways. For instance:
- Because of the severity of truck crash injuries, you could incur astronomical medical bills for treatment and your pain and suffering can be devastating. Together, these factors mean a higher payout, so insurance companies will make the claims process difficult.
- The presence of multiple potential parties can confound the legal process because you may need to pursue all individuals or entities that had a hand in causing the collision.
- Truckers are required to carry higher amounts of insurance coverage, ranging from $750,000 to millions of dollars. Knowing the stakes are high, insurers will assign truck accident claims to their most skilled adjusters. These employees are experienced in strategies to justify a denial of your claim or lowball payout.
Our Team Can Help Overcome Challenges
Despite the legal hurdles and obstacles insurers impose, the Silver City truck accident lawyers at Caruso Law Offices, P.C. strive to obtain the highest compensation allowed by law. We are aggressive in negotiations with insurance adjusters, and we are equally skilled at representing truck collision victims in court. We will seek all monetary damages available in your case, including:
- Costs of medical treatment;
- Lost income, if you were unable to work because of your truck crash injuries;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress; and
- Losses that impact your personal relationships and quality of life.
Trust Our Silver City Truck Accident Attorneys to Protect Your Rights
The information is useful for understanding the basics about truck crash cases in New Mexico, but there are many other details you need to know when pursuing those responsible for your losses. Instead of putting your rights at risk, count on our Silver City truck accident lawyers at Caruso Law Offices, P.C. You can set up a no-cost case evaluation by calling (505) 883-5000 or visiting us online. We represent injured victims throughout Bernalillo, Valencia, Sandoval, Torrance, and Santa Fe Counties, and we look forward to working with you.
I want to thank the Caruso Law Firm and all their kind, courteous staff! I couldn’t be more pleased with their service. I really appreciate all you have done to help my case.
C. Saller, Albuquerque
Call to arrange a no-pressure confidential and FREE consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney in Albuquerque
Our New Mexico personal injury lawyers are aggressive, result-focused advocates for injured victims. Your free consultation is always with an attorney, not a paralegal. We handle motor vehicle cases throughout the entire state of New Mexico and all pueblos and reservations in New Mexico.
Get a free consultation by phone, at our office, your home, the hospital or other location. We travel the state representing clients, so we can meet you anywhere in New Mexico.