Common Motorcyclist Injuries in Albuquerque Motorcycle Accidents
Albuquerque Motorcycle Accidents Can Cause Many Types of Serious Personal Injuries
Unlike other motorists, motorcyclists are not protected inside the four metal walls of a cabin. There are no airbags, side curtains, or safety belts. Motorcyclists do not have crunch zones or cushions to prevent them from physical harm. This is why motorcyclists involved in motor vehicle accidents are more likely to get seriously injuries and sustain significant personal injuries. This is particularly true of motorcyclists accidents with tractor trailer trucks.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact the experienced Albuquerque motorcycle accident attorneys at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. to learn how we can protect your rights to compensation. We offer a FREE case evaluation and will listen to every victim’s story. Call us today for that FREE consultation by dialing (505) 883-5000. We will help right for you and get you the compensation you deserve from your motorcycle accident.
Common Injuries in Albuquerque Motorcycle Accidents
In any motorcycle accident, it is very easy for a motorcyclist to get seriously hurt. Even low speed or small impact collisions can cause serious personal injuries and even death. Small and light bumper taps from any vehicle, especially a tractor trailer truck, can be catastrophic for a motorcyclist.
Some common motorcycle injuries include the following:
- Broken bones, especially arms, legs, wrists, ankles, and ribs;
- Organ damage, including ruptures and lacerations to the kidneys;
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Road rash;
- Deep lacerations requiring stitches or staples;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Permanent scarring;
- Impaling injuries;
- Permanent nerve damage;
- Crushing injuries, particularly being run over by a tractor trailer truck;
- Emotional injuries, including anxiety and depression;
- Paraplegia or quadriplegia;
- Wrongful death; and Motorcycle Accident
- Many other types of injuries.
Consequences of Albuquerque Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Because of the serious nature of most motorcycle accident injuries, there is a wide range of necessary treatment that will be required to help the victim recovery. This treatment spans from emergency treatment at the scene of the accident and in the emergency room at the hospital, to surgical intervention a few days or weeks after the accident to repair broken bones, or to extended physical therapy or occupational therapy for months if not years after an accident.
Some common consequences of motorcycle accident injuries include the following:
- Ambulance fees;
- Emergency room costs;
- Remedial surgery, such as installing painful hardware to mend broken bones in the arms, wrist, leg, or ankle;
- Arthroscopic surgeries to repair damage to knees or shoulders, among other places;
- Weeks, months, or years of physical therapy or occupational therapy;
- Becoming temporarily disabled and unable to work;
- Wound care and changing;
- Suture or staple removal;
- Medical supplies, like crutches, wheelchair, exercise or strengthening equipment;
- Nursing care and assistant care;
- Medication costs;
- Home visits from nurses or doctors;
- and many other types of medical expenses.
All of these treatment options can be very expensive and spend up significant amounts of your financial resources. This is why if you are injured in a motorcycle accident, you need to obtain an experienced motorcycle accident attorney to protect your rights.
Contact the Experienced Albuquerque Motorcycle Accident Attorneys at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. to Protect Your Rights to Compensation!
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in an Albuquerque motorcycle accident, call the experienced Albuquerque motorcycle accident attorneys at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C.. today by dialing 505-355-2969. You can also contact us on our website.