Moriarty Truck Accident Lawyers
Avoiding driving around large trucks is nearly impossible. Unless you never drive or stick purely to residential roads, you’ll encounter big rigs on main roadways and highways in Moriarty and the surrounding parts of New Mexico. While big trucks carry goods and products that add convenience and value to consumers’ lives, these trucks can be dangerous. If a crash involving a large truck occurs, the damages to the smaller vehicle and to the occupants of that smaller vehicle may be severe. At the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., our Moriarty truck accident lawyers understand what you’re going through and want to help. Call us today to learn everything you need to know about your rights and what to do after a crash.
The Advantages of Bringing Forth a Moriarty Truck Accident Claim
If you have been involved in a severe truck accident, you are likely facing an uncountable amount of damages. Likely, you have high medical bills that you can’t even imagine paying, as well as property damage expenses. If your injuries are serious and disabling, you may also be facing lost wages and the loss of benefits and earnings over time. You could also be dealing with noneconomic losses, such as psychological injuries, emotional distress, mental anguish, physical pain, suffering, and more.
Filing a truck accident claim can help. While nothing will undo the damages that you’ve suffered, filing a truck accident claim can:
- Result in a settlement that offers you monetary compensation for your economic and noneconomic losses;
- Give you a sense of closure and justice;
- Hold the responsible party liable for their actions, potentially deter similar actions in the future;
- Help you to provide for your family and loved ones.
Who’s Liable in a Truck Accident?
When a truck accident occurs, one of the most important reasons to work with a Moriarty truck accident lawyer is that there are many potentially liable parties. Your attorney will open an investigation into your case to determine who caused the accident and against whom a claim should be filed. Potentially liable parties include:
- The truck driver. If a truck driver’s actions contribute to a crash, they could be held liable for the results. In most cases, a truck driver will only be held liable if they are an independent contractor or if they caused the crash while doing something outside the scope of their employment; otherwise, the trucking company may be held liable for the truck driver’s action through the concept of vicarious liability.
- The trucking company. Not only may a trucking company be held liable for the actions of their employee (the at-fault truck driver), but they may also be held liable for the crash if the company did something negligent that contributed to the crash. For example, failing to service trucks or conduct driver background checks, failing to hold drivers to hours of service requirements, or failing to repair a defective truck may all be the responsibility of the trucking company.
- The shipper or loader of cargo. Some truck accidents happen when cargo shifts in transit. If the crash was the result of a cargo issue, the shipper or the loader of the cargo could be held liable.
- Another third party. While the above parties may be found liable in the majority of truck accident cases, this certainly isn’t always the case. Third-party drivers, vehicle part manufacturers and distributors, and parties responsible for road maintenance may all play a role in a crash and could be held liable, in part or in full, for a crash and related damages.
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Truck Accident Claim?
If you have been in a truck accident and need to recover a monetary award to pay for your injuries and other losses, you need to act quickly. While most claims do settle out of court, in some cases, filing a lawsuit is necessary. But claimants only have three years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit in court, according to New Mexico’s statute of limitations. You should act quickly to talk with a lawyer in order to ensure that you don’t breach this statute and risk forfeiting your right to recovery.
Call Our Moriarty Truck Accident Lawyers Today
Our Moriarty truck accident lawyers understand how much is on the line for you and your family and what you’re going through after you’ve been in a crash. You can reach us today for a free consultation to learn more about your options and how we can help.
I want to thank the Caruso Law Firm and all their kind, courteous staff! I couldn’t be more pleased with their service. I really appreciate all you have done to help my case.
C. Saller, Albuquerque
Call to arrange a no-pressure confidential and FREE consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney in Albuquerque
Our New Mexico personal injury lawyers are aggressive, result-focused advocates for injured victims. Your free consultation is always with an attorney, not a paralegal. We handle motor vehicle cases throughout the entire state of New Mexico and all pueblos and reservations in New Mexico.
Get a free consultation by phone, at our office, your home, the hospital or other location. We travel the state representing clients, so we can meet you anywhere in New Mexico.