Las Cruces Truck Accident Lawyers
Whether you’re commuting for work, running errands, or just going for a drive, the last thing that you expect when you’re a responsible driver is to be involved in an accident. And certainly, the very last thing that you expect is to be involved in a serious truck accident. Yet when dangerous driver behaviors, poor road conditions, and unsafe vehicles are involved, truck accidents can and do happen. At the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., our Las Cruces truck accident lawyers understand what you’re going through after a truck accident and how important recovering a fair settlement is. For the level of commitment and attention that you deserve, call our Las Cruces truck accident law firm today.
Causes of Truck Accidents
When a truck accident happens that leaves those involved badly injured, it’s important to get to the bottom of what happened in order to determine who should pay for damages. While a thorough investigation must be conducted before a determination about causation and fault can be made, some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Truck driver errors. Truck driver negligence or error is a leading cause of truck accidents. Examples of errors that a driver may make include driving too fast for conditions, falling asleep at the wheel, driving while intoxicated or impaired, failing to signal, failing to double-check blind spots, driving while distracted, and more. Of course, it’s not just truck drivers who make these errors, but also the drivers of standard passenger vehicles, too.
- Vehicle defects. Trucks need to be serviced regularly and maintained in order to be safe. Defective brakes, engines, steering equipment, and tires can all lead to devastating accidents. In addition to defects with vehicle parts, cargo errors can also cause accidents. If cargo is improperly loaded or secured, it can shift in transit, resulting in a crash.
- Road/environment conditions. Some truck accidents are caused because of poor road or environmental conditions. For example, debris in the road may lead to a crash, especially if a truck doesn’t have time to stop before colliding with the debris. Similarly, poor road signage could contribute to an accident. Conditions like snow, high winds, ice, and rain can all impair drivers’ ability to control their vehicles.
When you hire our law firm, we’ll open an investigation into your truck accident to determine what happened and who should be held liable. We work with experts to analyze and reconstruct the crash.
Truck Accident Liability
Truck accident liability is based on fault and negligence – the failure to exercise the proper degree of care. Examples of parties that may be held liable in a truck accident claim include, but are not limited to:
- The truck driver;
- The trucking company;
- A third-party driver;
- The manufacturer of a defective truck part;
- The party responsible for truck or road maintenance; or
- The shipper or loader of cargo.
Sometimes, fault is shared between more than one party, and each party will be responsible for paying a portion of a claimant’s damages as such.
Damages Recoverable in a Truck Accident Claim
If you have been in a truck accident, you deserve to be compensated in full for your losses. After determining what caused the accident and who should be held liable, our lawyers will calculate your damages and issue a demand letter to the responsible party/parties. Types of damages that you can seek in a truck accident claim include, but are not limited to:
- Medical expenses to pay for hospital bills, therapy costs, surgery costs, medication, physical therapy and rehabilitation, and future medical expenses;
- Property damage costs to compensate you for the damage to your vehicle;
- Lost wages and loss of benefits if your injuries have prevented you from being able to return to work and may prevent you from ever being able to return to work; and
- Noneconomic damages, such as the value of your pain, suffering, emotional distress, and any other intangible losses you have suffered.
Get Help from an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer in Las Cruces
When you have lost so much as the result of the fault of another, you deserve to have an advocate on your side who knows how to navigate the law and will fight for you. At the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., our Las Cruces truck accident lawyers understand what’s on the line and how much getting the settlement you deserve matters. For the guidance, support, and legal acumen that your case needs, please call our truck accident attorneys in Las Cruces today. We work on a contingent fee basis and always offer free consultations.
I want to thank the Caruso Law Firm and all their kind, courteous staff! I couldn’t be more pleased with their service. I really appreciate all you have done to help my case.
C. Saller, Albuquerque
Call to arrange a no-pressure confidential and FREE consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney in Albuquerque
Our New Mexico personal injury lawyers are aggressive, result-focused advocates for injured victims. Your free consultation is always with an attorney, not a paralegal. We handle motor vehicle cases throughout the entire state of New Mexico and all pueblos and reservations in New Mexico.
Get a free consultation by phone, at our office, your home, the hospital or other location. We travel the state representing clients, so we can meet you anywhere in New Mexico.