Farmington Truck Accident Lawyers
Farmington is known as the commercial hub of New Mexico. As such, it’s no wonder that driving around Farmington, one is sure to see big trucks. And of course, trucks dot the roads coming in and going out of Farmington, too, such as US Highway 64 and NM-516. While these trucks may carry essential goods and products, driving around large trucks can be dangerous. If you or a loved one has been involved in a Farmington truck accident, our lawyers at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. can help. Call us directly today to learn more about your rights and options.
Damages from a Truck Accident
When a truck accident occurs, the damages suffered by the occupants of the smaller vehicle are often catastrophic. Injuries may be disabling and long-term or permanent, resulting in hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of medical bills, at least that much or more in lost wages and a loss of earning capacity, property damage costs, and pain, suffering, and emotional distress. Some of the most common injuries that are suffered in a truck accident include:
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Internal injuries;
- Crushed limb and limb amputation injuries;
- Injuries to extremities;
- Soft tissue injuries;
- Psychological injuries; and
Causes of Truck Accidents
When a truck accident occurs, determining what happened is a key part of the claims process; by identifying the at-fault party, you can file a claim for damages against that party. When you call our lawyers, we’ll handle the investigatory process and work hard to determine fault. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Truck driver errors, including speeding, taking a turn too fast, misjudging stopping distance, driving while fatigued or impaired, failing to double-check blind spots before changing lanes, and more.
- Trucking company errors, such as failing to properly service or maintain trucks, failing to properly screen or train drivers, or failing to hold drivers to federal Hours of Service requirements.
- Cargo errors, including shifts in cargo that may be caused by improperly loading or securing cargo.
- Vehicle errors and defects, such as a tire blowout due to tread separation, defective brakes, or defective steering equipment.
- Third-party errors, such as failing to properly maintain roads in a safe condition, signage errors, or the negligent actions of other drivers on the road.
How Our Farmington Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help
If you have been in a truck accident and are coping with severe losses, knowing that you have a seasoned legal professional on your side who will fight for your right to your full compensation award can be a huge comfort. At the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., you can count on our law firm to:
- Investigate your case, which will include traveling to the accident scene, bringing in experts, sending spoliation of evidence letters, talking to eyewitnesses, and more;
- Calculate your damages, including the value of your noneconomic damages;
- Issue a demand letter to the responsible party;
- Review and negotiate any settlement offer you receive; and
- Litigate your case in court if out-of-court settlement negotiations prove unsuccessful.
Our lawyers have the resources and know-how that your case deserves. In addition to the above services, we’ll also remain available and accessible throughout the process and make sure you have the information and support you need throughout the duration of your case.
Statute of Limitations on Truck Accident Claims in New Mexico
If you are filing a civil action to recover compensation for damages suffered in a truck accident, you must do so within three years of the date of your accident. This time limit is known as the statute of limitations, and it is not flexible – if you breach the three-year statute, you can be permanently barred from recovery. Note that the statute of limitations is not the time limit on filing an insurance claim, but a civil lawsuit. It’s important that you provide the insurance company within formation about the accident as soon as possible after your crash; otherwise, your right to fight a claim could be forfeited.
Call Our Farmington Truck Accident Lawyers Today
If you have been injured in a serious truck accident, or if you are the family member of someone who has been injured or killed in a truck accident, you should talk to a lawyer as soon as possible. At the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., we know what you’re going through and what it takes to build a successful claim. Our lawyers always work on a contingency fee basis and always offer free case consultations. You can reach out to us by phone or online at your convenience to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your rights and how we can help.
I want to thank the Caruso Law Firm and all their kind, courteous staff! I couldn’t be more pleased with their service. I really appreciate all you have done to help my case.
Call to arrange a no-pressure confidential and FREE consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney in New Mexico
Our New Mexico truck accident attorneys are aggressive, result-focused advocates for injured victims. Your free consultation is always with an attorney, not a paralegal. We handle truck accident cases throughout the entire state of New Mexico and all pueblos and reservations in New Mexico.
Get a free consultation by phone, at our office, your home, the hospital or other location. We travel the state representing clients, so we can meet you anywhere in New Mexico