Deming Truck Accident Lawyers
One of the most traumatic and devastating things that can happen to a person is being involved in a truck accident. When a truck accident happens, those involved may suffer serious–or even fatal–injuries. In addition to injuries, victims and their families may accrue high medical bills, suffer lost wages, and experience pain, suffering, emotional distress, and psychological injuries. At the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., we believe that those who are involved in serious truck accidents, as well as their family members, deserve to be compensated for their losses. You can call our Deming truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and the support you deserve.
Why Hire a Deming Truck Accident Lawyer?
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, it’s important to work with a qualified truck accident attorney who will be able to develop a strategy for your claim and work hard to get you a settlement that you deserve. Here’s an overview of what a Demining truck accident attorney will do for you and why you should hire a lawyer–
- Investigating the crash and collecting evidence. One of the most important jobs of your attorney will be investigating your crash and collecting evidence to support your claim. Your attorney will travel to the scene of the accident, take photos, send spoliation of evidence letters to the trucking company and other necessary parties, review truck driver logs, review vehicle maintenance logs, hire accident reconstruction and vehicle design experts, talk to eyewitnesses, review the police report, and more. This is one of the most important parts of the claims process, and something that can be impossible to do on your own in the best of cases, and certainly when you are coping with severe injuries.
- Determining fault and liability. Once your attorney has completed the investigation process, they will analyze the evidence and make a determination about how the accident happened, who’s at fault for the crash, and who should be held liable–or legally responsible–for your damages. Sometimes, more than one party should be held liable.
- Calculating damages. After fault and liability have been determined, and once you have healed to the maximum extent possible–referred to as reaching Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI)–your attorney will work with you and with other experts, such as financial experts and your doctors, to calculate the value of the damages you’ve suffered. This will involve adding up the costs of your medical expenses, lost wages, property damage costs, as well as the value of your intangible pain and suffering.
- Issuing a demand letter and managing claim documents. After your attorney knows what your claim is worth and who is to blame, your attorney will issue a demand letter. This is a letter that demands a settlement and explains why the party from whom the settlement is being requested is liable. Your attorney will also manage any other claim documents and data, and be responsible for presenting evidence in a compelling manner.
- Negotiating a settlement. Once a demand letter has been filed, the insurance adjuster will likely issue a counteroffer – it’s likely that this offer will be less than what you requested. Your attorney will be responsible for reviewing this offer, determining if it’s fair, and spearheading the negotiations process.
- Litigating your case. The reality is that most truck accident claims are settled out of court during the negotiations phase. But in some cases, an agreement cannot be reached. As such, our lawyers will always be ready to take your case to court. We have trial experience and a track record of success.
- Additional support. Finally, in addition to all of the above, a law firm will provide additional support such as answering your questions, advising you regarding conversations with insurance adjusters and other parties, being responsible for organizing and protecting evidence, and more.
Statute of Limitations in a Deming, NM Crash
If you have been in a truck accident in Deming, it’s important to take action quickly. The personal injury statute of limitations, which applies in truck accident cases, is three years in New Mexico. This means that you only have three years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit, so it’s important to start the claims process as early as possible.
Call Our Deming Truck Accident Lawyers
Don’t wait to take action if you’ve been in a crash. Our Deming truck accident attorneys believe you deserve to be compensated and will fight hard for your rights. To schedule a free consultation with our law firm and to learn more about the claims process in general, send us a message or call us today. We can travel to you.
I want to thank the Caruso Law Firm and all their kind, courteous staff! I couldn’t be more pleased with their service. I really appreciate all you have done to help my case.
C. Saller, Albuquerque
Call to arrange a no-pressure confidential and FREE consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney in Albuquerque
Our New Mexico personal injury lawyers are aggressive, result-focused advocates for injured victims. Your free consultation is always with an attorney, not a paralegal. We handle motor vehicle cases throughout the entire state of New Mexico and all pueblos and reservations in New Mexico.
Get a free consultation by phone, at our office, your home, the hospital or other location. We travel the state representing clients, so we can meet you anywhere in New Mexico.