All Intersections are Deadly, but These are the Worst Intersections in Albuquerque, NM which Result in Many Serious and Fatal Motor Vehicle Accidents
Intersections are the most dangerous portions of a roadway. This is because motor vehicle traveling from one direction directly cross over the path of roadway crossing in another direction. Uncontrolled intersections are the most dangerous, followed by intersections with more than four routes or paths. When lights malfunction or weather conditions obscure or make visibility difficult, intersections just become more dangerous and likely to result in very serious or fatal Albuquerque trucking accidents.
New Mexico Statutory Law Warns of Dangerous Intersections
In fact, New Mexico statutory law even imposes special requirements on vehicles approaching or in intersections. Vehicles approaching an intersection is governed by NM Stat. 66-7-328, which establishes the right of way for vehicles in intersections requiring all vehicles approaching the intersection to yield to other vehicles already in the intersection.
NM Stat. 66-7-329 governs vehicles turning left at intersections, and requires all vehicle turning left to yield to all other vehicles to not constitute an immediate hazard when turning. Similarly under. NM Stat. 66-7-330, vehicles governs vehicles entering an intersection from a stop or yield sign, such driver must slow down to a speed reasonable and yield to the right of way of all vehicles in the intersection or approaching which constitute an immediate hazard.
Violating these statutes can result in very serious and deadly car accidents. This can result in liability for the victims, as these statutes are intended to prevent against those harms at intersections. When they occur, the defendant violating the statute will likely be liable under the theory of negligence per se. This means that the violator could be found automatically negligent for violating the statute and causing your harm.
Top Five Most Dangerous Intersections in Albuquerque, New Mexico
While all intersections are deadly and dangerous, here at the top five most dangerous and deadly intersections in New Mexico:
- Coors Blvd NW and Paseo del Norte Blvd NW – in a three year period approximately 380 motor vehicle accidents were reported with 29% being fatal or causing serious personal injuries.
- Jefferson St NE & Paseo del Norte Blvd NE – in a three year period approximately 365 crashes occurred, with 27% resulting in fatal or serious personal injuries.
- Montgomery Blvd NE and San Mateo Blvd NE – in a three year period approximately 260 accidents were reported with 25% being fatal or causing serious personal injury.
- Central Ave E & San Mateo Blvd – in three years, there were 145 total motor vehicle accidents with 48 resulting in serious personal injuries or a fatality. What makes this intersection more dangerous is the number of pedestrian collisions which were the highest surveyed at 12 pedestrian knockdowns.
- Coors Blvd & Montano Rd. NW – overall ranked the 6th most dangerous in a three year study with 242 crashes and 25% being fatal or resulting in injury, this intersection remained higher on the list for not decreasing and improving its crashes while the other intersections all did.
Victims of Albuquerque Car Accident in the Top Five Dangerous Intersections in New Mexico Require Strong Legal Advocacy
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle accident, call the experienced New Mexico car accident attorneys at the Mark Caruso today by dialing (505) 883-5000 You can also contact us on our website through the easy to use and convenient Contact box located by clicking here.