Knowing What to Do Can Protect Your Rights After You Have Been Involved in a Commercial Trucking Accident in New Mexico
Being involved in any accident is traumatic for anyone involved. Whether it be a car accident, trucking accident or other type of accident, victims can face serious injuries or even death. One type of accident that can lead to particularly serious injuries or death are trucking accidents. No one expects to be in an accident, and when faced with serious injuries or your loved one’s death, you may not know what to do. But knowing what to do if you have been involved in a commercial trucking accident in New Mexico can protect your life and your claim. Trucking accidents can be particularly difficult for victims as proving that the truck driver was liable for your injuries (if this is the case) can be difficult to do. This is why you should contact an experienced New Mexico trucking accident attorney if you or your loved one was involved in a trucking accident so you can ensure that you and your loved ones have the best possible chance to earn the full amount of compensation that you deserve for any injuries sustained.
Here at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., we have over 30 years of experienced handling trucking accident and commercial vehicle wrecks throughout New Mexico. We offer FREE consultations and only get paid after we recover compensation for you in a settlement, verdict, or court award. Learn how we can help you by contacting our compassionate team today.
Steps to Take After Being Involved in a Commercial Trucking Accident in New Mexico
It may seem very overwhelming in the moments or days after being involved in a trucking accident. Victims often are unsure how to proceed and may not take the appropriate steps. The most important actions to take after being involved in a commercial trucking accident include the following:
- Get medical help – While this is incredibly important for your own health and well being, it is also important to have a record of any injuries sustained. This will help your case when it comes to proving fault as well as what damages you may be entitled to.
- Avoid speaking with the commercial truck driver’s insurance company – While you may welcome a call from an insurance company who is offering money, this is often a red flag. Insurance companies are trained to avoid compensating victims at all costs. If they are offering you money, this often means that you are entitled to far more, and they realize this.
- File a police report – It is very important to have a record of the accident including all of the details that may seem minor at the time. It is very important to obtain a copy as this will likely come in handy when you speak with an experienced trucking accident attorney.
- Notify your insurance company of the accident – While it is ok to provide your insurance company with details that are in the police report, you should not provide a written statement as this can be used against you.
- Seek out an experienced truck accident attorney – It is very important that you seek an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible. Truck accident attorneys will help you in a multitude of ways, including obtaining your medical records regarding the details of the crash, will obtain expert witnesses on your behalf, and will secure the appropriate evidence such as the information that is on the black box.
Call Our New Mexico Trucking Accident Lawyers for Help After a Big Rig Crash
Our compassionate and experienced team at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. can help you and your family recover the compensation that you need for your pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses after a trucking wreck. Learn how we can help you by calling (505) 883-5000.
We handle causes throughout New Mexico, including Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Roswell, Cuervo, Rio Rancho, Clovis, Farmington, Hobbs, Albuquerque where our office is located, and anywhere else throughout New Mexico. Please call to schedule for FREE appointment by dialing (505) 883-5000 or contact us through our website’s easy to use and convenient contact box available here.