Hurt by a Big Rig Crash? Call Our Trucking Accident Lawyer for 18 Wheeler Accident Injuries
No one ever anticipates being involved in a commercial trucking accident. Unfortunately, it happens every day across the United States. Not only are they all too common, but so are the injuries that people sustain in these accidents. Commercial trucking accidents can be catastrophic, leaving people seriously injured. This is because the size of most commercial trucks as well as the force they have on impact is so great that its quite difficult to remain unharmed after colliding with a commercial truck. If you have been involved in a commercial trucking accident, what you may not be aware of is that most commercial trucking accidents are entirely preventable, meaning that you may never have had to cope with the injuries you sustained if the truck driver practiced appropriate caution while operating the semi-tractor trailer. This is why you should hire a trucking accident lawyer for 18 wheeler accident injuries in New Mexico.
Here at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., our experienced trucking accident lawyer has a proven track record of success handling some of the worst 18 wheeler accident cases involving catastrophic or fatal injuries. We offer FREE consultations and we only get paid after you get paid in a settlement, verdict, award, or other recovery. Learn more from our experienced team today by scheduling your free appointment.
Injuries From a Commercial Trucking Accident
Our trucking accident lawyer for 18 wheeler accident injuries knows there are certain types of injuries that are commonly seen as a result of commercial trucking accidents. These injuries include the following:
- Spinal cord injuries and back injuries – Spinal cord injuries and back injuries are unfortunately quite common. Common spinal cord injuries that victims often sustain as a result of a semi-tractor trailer accident includes disc herniation, compression fractures, paralysis, spinal cord injuries resulting in impaired sensation, and back injuries such as damage to the soft tissue or bone as a result of the accident
- Brain injuries – Brain injuries are also quite common in big rig accidents. Common brain injuries include traumatic brain injuries (TBI), subdural hematoma, or concussion.
- Fractures – Due to the blunt force trauma victims often sustain, fractures are commonly seen after being involved in a commercial trucking accident. The most common areas of the body that fractures occur due to being involved in a trucking accident includes the arms, legs, hips ribs, skull, facial bones, fingers, pelvis, and wrists. Fractures may need to be treated with physical therapy, casting, and surgery.
- Internal injuries – Internal injuries due to a commercial trucking accident are often quite serious due to the blunt force trauma that often occurs in these types of accidents. Common areas of the body that internal injuries occur includes the spleen, bladder, liver, kidneys, and pancreas.
- Whiplash – Most people are familiar with whiplash due to a car accident, but this injury is also quite common in commercial trucking accidents. Whiplash occurs when the neck is pushed forward and then backward due to a sudden stop. This causes injury to the soft tissues in the neck. Whiplash can range from mild to severe, with severe cases requiring a lengthy recovery.
Damages for Injuries Due to a Commercial Wreck
Victims of commercial trucking accident are often eligible for damages, which are typically awarded in the form of compensation. Common damages seen for victims of commercial trucking accidents include the following:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost future earnings
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitative Costs
- Prothetic or orthotic needs
- Punitive damages, and
- Other types of compensation.
Injured in an 18 Wheeler Accident? Call the Caruso Law Offices
Our trucking accident lawyer for 18 wheeler accidents in Albuquerque, New Mexico can help you and your family recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages caused by the negligent conduct of a truck driver or trucking company. We offer FREE consultations and can speak with you over the phone, virtually, or in person. Learn how we can help you during your FREE appointment by dialing (505) 883-5000.
We handle causes throughout New Mexico, including Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Roswell, Cuervo, Rio Rancho, Clovis, Farmington, Hobbs, Albuquerque where our office is located, and anywhere else throughout New Mexico. Please call to schedule for FREE appointment by dialing (505) 883-5000 or contact us through our website’s easy to use and convenient contact box available here.