Understanding Causes of Rollover Car Accidents in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Car accidents occur all too often on the roadways of New Mexico. While there are many different types of car accidents that occur causing serious injuries, one type of car accident that can be particularly catastrophic is rollover car accidents in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Often times, rollover car accidents are simply due to driver error, according to the National Highway and Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA). This is why if you or your loved one has been injured or killed in a rollover car accident, you should contact an experienced car accident lawyer who can review your case to determine if you are eligible for compensation for you or your loved one’s injuries.
Here at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., we handle all types of serious and catastrophic motor vehicle accidents involving cars, trucks, buses, SUVs, and other large vehicles. A rollover car accident can result in catastrophic harm to individuals who are in the vehicle, in another vehicle, or who are hit by the vehicle that is rolling over. Learn more about how our experienced lawyers can help you during a FREE consultation by calling today to schedule your appointment.
Causes of Rollover Car Accidents That Could Lead to a Personal Injury Lawsuit
The most common causes of a rollover car accidents in Albuquerque, New Mexico include the following:
- Excessive speed – Excessive speed often plays a part in rollover car accidents. In fact, many rollover car accidents involving excessive speed are fatal.
- Driving on damaged or worn tires – Driving on damages or worn tires can lead to serious car accident, including a rollover car accident. Drivers have a responsibility to maintain their car properly as well as have their car inspected per state guidelines. Failure to do sh can lead to serious accidents like rollover car accidents.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs – Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is incredibly dangerous and can lead to serious accidents such as rollovers. A significant percentage of rollover car accidents involve an impaired driver.
- Failure to exercise caution in inclement weather conditions – Failure to exercise appropriate caution in poor weather conditions greatly increases the chances for rollovers as it decreases the stability of the car making it more prone to rolling over.
- Distracted driving – Texting, using a handheld phone, looking at a map, playing with the radio, or looking for something in the car are all examples of distracted driving. Distracted driving greatly increases the risk rollover accidents. Often times drivers who engage in distracted driving have to overcorrect when they place their attention back on the road after engaging in distracted driving. Overcorrection can lead to the car rolling over.
- Fatigued driving – Driving while fatigued can greatly increase the risk for rollover accidents. Research has shown that fatigued driving can be compared to driving under the influence. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration states that in 2019 alone, 697 people died as a result of drowsy driving. Fatigued driving is entirely preventable and drivers should refrain from operating a motor vehicle if they feel fatigued in order to prevent serious accidents such as rollover accidents.
Why Should I Hire a Rollover Car Accident Attorney?
If you or your loved one was injured or killed in a rollover car accident, it is important to hire an experienced rollover car accident attorney. The reason for this is that you or your loved one likely will sustain some degree of injury and the injuries sustained will likely lead to costly medical bills as well as other financial losses.
Our experienced rollover car accident lawyers will work to investigate the cause of the rollover accident and can help you to obtain the most amount of compensation possible for your injuries. Even if you feel you may be partially at fault, you may still be eligible for partial compensation.
Ask Our Experienced Car Accident Lawyers in New Mexico For Help
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in a rollover car accident in Albuquerque, New Mexico, call the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. to learn more about how we can help you and your family recover compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical bills. We handle catastrophic injury cases including those caused by rollover cars, SUVs, or trucks. Learn more how we can help you during a FREE consultation by calling (505) 883-5000.
We handle causes throughout New Mexico, including Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Roswell, Cuervo, Rio Rancho, Clovis, Farmington, Hobbs, Albuquerque where our office is located, and anywhere else throughout New Mexico. We also have a second trucking accident office in California, serving those in Inland Empire County and San Bernardino County, as well as those who have been catastrophically injured or wrongfully killed through California. Please call to schedule for FREE appointment by dialing (505) 883-5000 or contact us through our website’s easy to use and convenient contact box available here.