New Mexico Motorcycle Accidents Can Cause Serious Personal Injuries
Motorcyclists are not protected like other motorists and passengers in a steel shell. They do not have airbags, seatbelts, or a crunch zone to protect them. Many times when a motorcyclist is hit by another motor vehicle, the other vehicle is directly impacting the motorcyclist’s body. This can result in significant trauma and serious damage. It can also easily lead to death.
If you or a loved one have been serious injured or killed in a New Mexico motorcycle accident, call the Mark Caruso today for a free consultation by dialing (505) 883-5000. Our experienced New Mexico motorcycle accident attorneys have handled many motor vehicle accidents and fought to get the maximum compensation a victim may be entitled to. We have an intimate understanding of the medicine and injuries, as well as a proven track record of zealous legal representation.
Common Injuries Unique to Motorcycle Accidents
Unlike other types of motor vehicle accidents, motorcycle accidents have a unique set of injuries not commonly shared by other victims in motor vehicle accidents. These injuries are generally more serious because of the lack of safety devices or precautions. Thus, these injuries are also more likely to be permanent due to the shear fact that they result in more serious impacts. That can result in prolonged treatment, multiple surgeries or procedures, and long-term treatment, physical therapy, or medication routines.
Some common types of injuries caused by motorcycle accidents include the following:
- Road rash or deep scrapes;
- Lacerations due to debris on the roadway, from the impact, or glass;
- Instantly broken bones, especially broken legs which can be directly impacted by the other motor vehicle;
- Spinal cord injuries;
- Broken ribs from the impact or from being launched off the motorcycle;
- Broken collarbones or shoulders from being launched off the motorcycle;
- Wrist and hand injuries including broken bones, scrapes, road rash, and other injuries;
- Need for open reduction of broken bones to repair with hardware;
- Back injuries including herniated discs, slipped discs, and need for fusions;
- Nerve damage and injuries;
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Paraplegia or quadriplegia; and
- Wrongful Death.
Personal Injuries Caused by a Motorcycle Accident? Call Us Today!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, call the experienced New Mexico motorcycle accident attorneys at the Mark Caruso today by dialing (505) 883-5000 You can also contact us on our website through the easy to use and convenient Contact box located by clicking here.