Understanding Your Rights: Truck Accident Lawyer Explains Common 18 Wheeler Accidents in California
Commercial trucks are vital for our economy, as goods are brought from one place to another to meet the needs of our society. However, commercial trucks can also be quite dangerous. commercial trucking accidents occur quite often on California roadways, leaving countless people hurt or killed. Due to the size and force of semi-tractor trailers, if they collide with another vehicle the injuries are often quite catastrophic. There are many different types of semi-tractor trailer accidents, with many different causes of these accidents. While there may be multiple causes of trucking accidents, most of the time the commercial trucking accidents are completely preventable. In fact, some of the most common 18 wheeler accidents in California should never happen.
But when they do, victims and their families should call an experienced trucking accident lawyer like one of ours at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. Our dedicated team of lawyers and professional staff can help you and your family recover the compensation that you deserve for your pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. If you have been injured in one of the common 18 wheeler accidents in California, especially in Inland Empire County and San Bernardino County, please call our law firm to schedule a FREE consultation to learn more about your rights.
Types of Commercial Trucking Accidents
As mentioned above, while all types of accidents fall under the umbrella of commercial trucking accidents, there are many different types of commercial trucking accidents – including fatal truck wrecks. The most common types of commercial trucking accidents include the following:
- Rollover trucking accident – This occurs when a truck rolls onto its side, usually due to losing control of the truck
- Tire blowout – Tire blowouts can occur on any type of vehicle, with the causes of tire blowouts being numerous. When a tire blowouts occur, it often causes the driver to lose control of the direction in which they are driving. Oftentimes this type of crash is caused by an FMCSA violation.
- Head-On Accidents – Head on commercial trucking accidents can be devastating, with victims often losing their lives.
- T-Bone Accident – T-bone accidents occur when a truck driver hits another vehicle perpendicularly. This commonly occurs if a driver runs a red light, is driving distractedly, is speeding, or is engaging in any other type of illegal activity.
- Jackknife Accident – Jackknife accidents occur when a semi-tractor trailer folds into itself, forming a 90 degree angle with the trailer. The most common cause of this type of accident is when the truck driver brakes hard and fast.
- Rear-End Accident – Rear-end trucking accidents often occur when a truck driver fails to keep an appropriate distance from the car in front of them. Rear-end accidents often cause serious, catastrophic, and sometimes life-ending injuries.
- Under-Ride Accidents – Under-ride accidents are some of the most deadliest commercial trucking accidents. They occur when a smaller vehicle becomes stuck under the trailer of the truck.
- Wide-Turn Accidents – Wide-turn accidents occur when a driver makes a quick turn, causing the car to slide to the left when they make a right. This type of accident can trap pedestrians and other vehicles causing serious injuries.
Injuries Caused by Commercial Trucking Accidents
Victims often sustain serious injuries as a result of commercial trucking accidents. Some of the most common types of injuries caused by commercial trucking accidents include the following:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Internal organ injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries or other types of head trauma
- Amputation or loss of limb
- Emotional trauma
- Knee or hip injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Back or neck injuries
- Wrongful death
- Other types of injuries caused by commercial trucking accidents
Were You Injured in a Commercial Trucking Accident? Was it a One of the Common 18 Wheeler Accidents in California? Call Us for Help
After you have been catastrophically injured, or if a loved one was wrongfully killed, in an 18 wheeler wreck in California, call our experienced 18-wheeler accident lawyers at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. for a FREE consultation to learn more about your rights to compensation. Our experienced, dedicated, and compassionate team can help you and your family recover the compensation that you deserve for your damages. We handle causes throughout New Mexico and California, specifically in Inland Empire and San Bernardino Counties. To learn more about your case and how we can help you, call (505) 883-5000 to schedule a FREE consultation with our lawyers.
We handle causes throughout New Mexico, including Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Roswell, Cuervo, Rio Rancho, Clovis, Farmington, Hobbs, Albuquerque where our office is located, and anywhere else throughout New Mexico. We also have a second trucking accident office in California, serving those in Inland Empire County and San Bernardino County, as well as those who have been catastrophically injured or wrongfully killed through California. Please call to schedule for FREE appointment by dialing (505) 883-5000 or contact us through our website’s easy to use and convenient contact box available here.