New Mexico Car Accidents Cause During the Holidays Can Cause Very Serious Personal Injuries and Even Wrongful Death
The holidays are meant to be a joyous time of the year, and they usually are. But with the increased traffic on the roadways as people commute far distances to be with family or go on vacation, there are increased opportunities for there to be serious New Mexico car accidents causing personal injuries or death. Many of these New Mexico car accidents are caused by some of the common reasons occurring during anytime of the year. However, many of these holiday accidents are caused by reasons unique to the holiday or enhanced by the holiday.
Here at the Mark Caruso, we wish everyone a Merry Christmas and happy holidays, and a safe and prosperous New Year. But we know that many people will be injured due to the negligence of others on or near the roads this holiday season. If you or a loved one is injured, contact our experienced New Mexico car accident attorneys to represent you and your family in your case. We have the resources necessary to hollowly investigate your case and the experienced with proven track record to get you the results that you deserve. Call us today for a FREE consultation by dialing (505) 883-5000 to learn how we can get you the maximum compensation you may be entitled to.
Causes of Holiday New Mexico Car Accidents
While there is almost an unlimited list of causes of a New Mexico car accident, there are some that are unique to the holidays. This are due to the increased traffic on the roadway, people traveling in inclement weather, and people who may not drive much or long distances taking to the roadways. There are also more distractions, such as entire families in cars, pets in cars, and obstructions in the car which limit vision.
Some common types of holiday New Mexico car accidents include the following:
- Inexperienced driver – many drivers who drive locally or not often will commute long distances;
- Drunk driving – holiday merriment can result in intoxicated drivers which are always dangerous;
- Distracted driving due to kids in the car – young kids in the car can be distracting with singing or fidgeting or sitting/standing up in the vehicle;
- Inclement weather – whether the weather is perfect or horrible, people will venture out to get to their loved ones in weather they may not be experienced or comfortable in driving which can result in serious car accidents;
- Distracted driving with pets in the car – many people will commute to see family and will bring their pets, including dogs, but they may not properly tether them in the vehicle to ensure that they do not distract or jump on the driver;
- Blocked vision – some drivers will overstuff their car with gifts and packing bags which can inhibit or block a driver’s vision out the back or to the mirrors which can result in larger blind spots and car accidents;
- Using the cell phone while driving – many people will call or text while driving which can pull a driver’s attention and hands of the wheel and result in serious personal injuries;
- Using technology like a GPS – many drivers are traveling distances or visiting friends and family they do not know where they live and will use a GPS, but entering an address while driving is very dangerous and distracted driving; and
- Many other causes which are very dangerous.
Holiday Car Accidents in New Mexico Can be Life-Threatening
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle accident, call the experienced New Mexico car accident attorneys at the Mark Caruso today by dialing (505) 883-5000 You can also contact us on our website through the easy to use and convenient Contact box located by clicking here.