New Mexico 18 Wheeler Wreck Resulting in Back Surgery
Victims of a New Mexico 18 wheeler wreck are likely to suffer very serious personal injuries. Many times these box truck crashes will require complicated and complex surgeries to repair the extensive damage done by these big rigs. Back surgery is one of the more involved types of surgeries that a person could need to undergo. Not only is it incredibly painful and debilitating, but it could result in a lifetime of restricted range of motion and weight-carrying rules. Patients may be out of work for weeks or even months while they are recovering from their back surgery.
Here at the NM Truck Accident Attorneys, we know that it is common that a victim in a New Mexico 18 wheeler wreck will need a back surgery to repair the damage that has been caused by the impact. This is because large commercial vehicles like tractor trailers, big rigs, and other box trucks generate considerable momentum and force as they travel. This force is dispersed into whatever the tractor trailer collides with. This is why back and spinal cord injuries are most common in 18 wheeler wrecks because a great deal of force is needed to cause the back injury. Thus, if you or a loved one have been seriously injured or wrongfully killed in a semi tractor trailer crash, please call (505) 883-5000 to schedule a FREE appointment to learn how we can help you.
Types of Back Surgeries Causes by New Mexico 18 Wheeler Wrecks
There are many different types of back injuries which could be caused by a big rig crash and which could require back surgery. Some common types of back surgeries due to box truck crashes include the following:
- Spinal fusions - this is when two vertebrae are joined together to increase spine stability and decrease the likelihood of pinching nearby nerves, but also limiting the range of motion;
- Spinal disc replacement - this is the removal of a damage spinal disc and replacement with an artificial disc.
- Discectomy - this is the removal of a herniated disc in the vertebrae in an effort to decrease damage to some of the spinal nerves which may be impinged;
- Foraminotomy - this is the removal of tissue nerve the nerves in the back which could compress the nerves;
- Laminectomy - this is removing part of the back of the vertebrae which relieves pressure on spinal nerves which could cause pain;
- Compression repairs - if you have a compression fracture, it may need to be surgically repaired;
- Nerve ablation surgery - this is a significantly less invasive surgery which burns or cuts the nerve ends which may be injured in an effort to not signal pain; and
- Many other procedures.
Victims Needing Back Surgery After a New Mexico 18 Wheeler Wreck Should Call Us Today
If you or a loved one has had back surgery after a New Mexico 18 wheeler wreck, please call our Albuquerque auto accident lawyer to learn how we can help. We handle cases throughout New Mexico, including in Lordsburg, Albuquerque, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Roswell, or anywhere else. Call the NM Truck Accident Attorneys by dialing (505) 883-5000 to learn how we can help. You can also contact us on our website through the easy to use and convenient Contact box located by clicking here.