Understanding Causes of New Mexico SUV Accidents: Albuquerque Auto Accident Lawyer Explains
Many Americans are leaving their smaller passenger vehicles behind for larger vehicles. One of the most common tread is an SUV on American roadways. These vehicles are larger for allows for more storage, a great number of passengers, towing capabilities, pet friendly, and are overall safer. Gas prices have been low and, while slowly increasing, are still very reasonable. But while SUVs are generally safer for the drivers and occupants inside of them, they can actually be more dangerous to other people in and on the roadways. This is because many new SUV owners are indeed leaving their smaller, passenger vehicles behind. They may not be comfortable with a larger vehicle that has more blind spots and needs extra care in turning, braking, and maneuvering. This leads to many mishaps which could result in New Mexico SUV accidents.
Here at the Caruso Law Offices, P.C., our experienced Albuquerque auto accident lawyer has handled many New Mexico SUV accidents due to a multitude or reasons, including inexperience with the bigger vehicle, negligence in its operation, or just plain driver in attention. If you have been seriously injured in a New Mexico auto accident, please call our law offices by dialing (505) 883-5000 for a FREE consultation to learn what your rights to compensation may be for you and your family.
Common Causes of New Mexico SUV Accidents
There are many reasons for SUV auto accidents which could result in very serious personal injuries, including amputations, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, wrongful death, and many other injuries. Some of the most common causes of an SUV auto accident include the following:
- Driver inexperience – SUVs are larger and can be more difficult to use, particularly in the rain, in traffic, or in many other situations which is more difficult to handle. SUVs are also not only bigger, but also heavier which means they require a greater distance to stop in time;
- Distracted driving – the use of a GPS, cell phone, radio, tablet, or other device could result in distracted driving of the SUV and lead to serious injuries;
- Drunk driving – many people in an SUV think they can hide intoxication because they are in a bigger vehicle, higher off the ground, and may have an easier time to handle the vehicle. Not only is this not the case, but it is actually quite the opposite and more dangerous;
- Drugged driving – this has become even more common than drunk driving, and it is equally as dangerous;
- Failing to stop or yield;
- Speeding in an SUV;
- Illegal lane changes due to larger blind spots;
- Rear end accidents which may be due to a failure to brake in time due to the heavy weight of the vehicle;
- Sharp turns and roll overs; and
- Many other causes.
Injured in a New Mexico SUV Accident? We Can Help You Today
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in a New Mexico SUV accident, please call our Albuquerque auto accident lawyer to learn what your rights to compensation may be to pain and suffering, lost wages, lost earnings, medical bills, and future expenses. Please call the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. for a FREE consultation to learn how we can help you today. We handle cases throughout New Mexico, including in Lordsburg, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Roswell, or anywhere else. Call the Caruso Law Offices, P.C. by dialing (505) 883-5000 to learn how we can help. You can also contact us on our website through the easy to use and convenient Contact box located by clicking here.