Understanding the Reasons Why Rear End Truck Crashes Occur in New Mexico: Albuquerque Trucking Accident Lawyer Explains
Most of us know that the vehicle that rear ends another vehicle is almost always going to be at fault. This common sense logic has been distilled into the common law, or judge-made law which interprets the public policy and public opinion as to certain aspects of life. This has also been codified into statutory law, or legislatively-made law. Under NM Stat section 66-7-318, "[t]he driver of a motor vehicle shall not follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent, having due regard for the speed of such vehicles and the traffic upon and the condition of the highway."
Our Albuquerque trucking accident lawyer knows how to appeal to the common sense of a jury, as well as apply the common law and statutory law necessary to help a victim of a New Mexico rear end truck crash. If you or a loved one have been seriously injured or wrongfully killed in a rear end 18 wheeler wreck, please call the NM Truck Accident Attorneys to learn how we can help you recover the compensation that you deserve by dialing (505) 883-5000.
Reasons Why Rear End Truck Crashes Occur: Understanding 18 Wheeler Crashes in New Mexico
There are a few reasons why rear end truck crashes occur. Many times the cause of the big rig crash is entirely preventable, and should have been avoided. But this could be due to the fact that some truck drivers make mistakes which they do not want to admit. This could be because trucking companies push their truck drivers to operate at unsafe speeds and for unsafely long periods of time without much rest.
Here are some of the most common reasons for rear end box truck wrecks:
- Distracted driving such as using cell phones or GPS;
- Drunk driving, including truck drivers who have a few beers with dinner;
- Drugged driving from truck drivers who use illegal drugs to stay awake;
- Fatigued driving/falling asleep at the wheel;
- Unsafe driving in the weather conditions such as in dust storms or on snow/ice;
- Inexperience in not knowing how to stop, slow down, or carry the right amount of distance;
- Improper training, or inadequate training;
- Equipment failures, such as failing to check brakes, steering columns, and other mechanical devices;
- Laptop or tablet distractions;
- Playing with the AM/FM/Sirius radio;
- Known medical problems such as narcolepsy or sleeping disorders, or heart attacks, fainting spells, or other cognitive focusing conditions;
- Using a hand-held radio; and
- Other distractions.
Victims of a New Mexico Rear End Truck Crash Should Call our Albuquerque Trucking Accident Lawyer
If you were injured when a large box truck caused a New Mexico rear end truck crash, please schedule a FREE appointment with our experienced Albuquerque trucking accident lawyer to learn what compensation you may be entitled to. Such compensation may include money for pain and suffering, medical bills, surgeries, doctor's visits, physical therapy, lost wages, lost earnings, and other expenses. Call the NM Truck Accident Attorneys by dialing (505) 883-5000 to learn how we can help. You can also contact us on our website through the easy to use and convenient Contact box located by clicking here.