Fatal Albuquerque Trucking Accidents: New Mexico Trucking Accident Lawyer Explains Common Shares and Victim’s Rights
Unfortunately, it is all too common for a big rig crash to result in the wrongful death of an innocent victim. Fatal 18 wheeler wrecks are common because of the large size and heavy weight of these box trucks. This is particularly true on fast moving roads such as I-40, I-25, and I-10. When a victim is wrongfully killed in a trucking crash, his or her family will be faced with medical bills, funeral expenses, and other costs while also receiving less financial, emotional, and handy services from a loved one.
This is why New Mexico law recognizes the right of a family to commence a wrongful death action to recover these expenses. The goal is both to compensate the family and the victim for his or her loss, but also to impose deterrent and sometimes punitive damages on the negligent party. Here at the NM Truck Accident Attorneys, our New Mexico trucking accident lawyer knows how to fight for the rights of victims and families in fatal Albuquerque trucking accidents. We have a track record of battling some of the largest trucking companies in the United States, including J.B. Hunt, Schneider National, FedEx, UPS, and many others. If a loved one was wrongfully killed due to the negligence of a trucking company or truck driver, call us for a FREE consultation by dialing (505) 883-5000.
Causes of Fatal Albuquerque Trucking Accidents
There are many possible causes of any trucking accident, but there are some causes which are more common to result in a serious injury to wrongful death. Some of these causes include the following:
- FMCSA Violations – Because trucking is interstate commerce, there is a federal agency which has created regulations which govern the operation of vehicles on all roadways in any state. This includes in New Mexico. When one of these violations results in a trucking accident, it can allow a victim to establish evidence of negligence of the trucking company and truck driver to help prove the case.
- Falling asleep at the wheel – When a truck driver falls asleep at the wheel, it is very likely that this is going to be negligence. There may be an hours of service FMCSA violation, which further helps a plaintiff establish a claim.
- Improper lane changes – Due to the blind spots on a truck, improper lane changes can result in very serious and fatal injuries because a large truck is twisting into the lane of another vehicle.
- Distracted driving – Distracted driving can result in very serious motor vehicle crashes no matter what the vehicle driven is. But when that vehicle is a large commercial truck such as an 18 wheeler, it can true the truck into an unguided missile and cause serious injuries or wrongful death. Distracted driving includes texting, phone calls, playing with the radio, playing with a tablet, or other acts which divert attention away from the roadway.
- Speeding – When large commercial truck is speeding it can result in catastrophic injuries because the force and momentum gets multiple by the heavy weight of the truck. Most speeding truck crashes are fatal to the passengers, but truck drivers walk away unscathed.
Fatal Albuquerque Trucking Accidents Need Experienced and Zealous Attorneys to Help
New Mexico catastrophic trucking accidents are what our experienced Albuquerque trucking accident lawyers do. If your family member has been wrongfully killed due to the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company, learn what options you may have by calling the NM Truck Accident Attorneys by dialing (505) 883-5000. You can also contact us on our website through the easy to use and convenient Contact box located by clicking here.