Victims of Albuquerque Trucking Accidents Suffering Organ Injuries and Internal Injuries May Have a Claim for Compensation
Albuquerque trucking accidents with large box trucks, big rigs, 18 wheelers, semi tractor trailers, tractors, double trailers, tankers, flatbeds, double axels, and other large commercial trucks are devastating and can cause catastrophic injuries. This is because these vehicles are powerful, heavy, and move fast on interstates and highways like I-40, I-25, and I-10. This generates a lot of momentum of force which can severely damage a passenger in a smaller vehicle. These injuries are commonly so powerful that, even if there is no visible damage on the outside, severe internal injuries could be life-threatening. This includes organ damage that may not be immediately detectible but become fatal.
Causes of Internal Injuries in Albuquerque Trucking Accidents
Since the significant force of a truck collision can twist metal and bend steel, it can cause catastrophic injury to the human body. Even though organs are well-protected by bone, muscle, and tissue, these structures are still vulnerable to serious injury from 18 wheeler wrecks.
These injuries can be from the direct impact and blunt force trauma of the collision. The injuries can also be from back and forth jostling of the body inside of the vehicle, such as that in a whiplash injury or rollover. Injuries from airbags and side curtains, while beneficial in preventing extreme injuries or wrongful death, can still cause powerful impacts that injury the body and vulnerable organs.
Types of Internal Injuries from Albuquerque Trucking Accidents
There are many different types of internal injuries from big rig wrecks that could result in permanent disability or the need for emergency surgery to safe a victim’s life. Some of the most common and worst internal injuries include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries – even if the head is not scratched in a collision, the brain and become injured due to the violent whiplash or impact caused by the crash which can bring about debilitating effects;
- Internal bleeding – when there is internal bleeding within the abdominal cavity, this can put undue stress on the heart and lungs and cause severe and permanent damage;
- Abdominal aorta injuries – injuries to the aorta within the stomach can cause an aneurysm or other tear which ruptures and can result in the wrongful death of a victim;
- Liver damage – damage to the liver may require surgery to repair and result in horrific and catastrophic consequences, including the need for a liver transplant if damaged beyond repair;
- Kidney damage – damage to a kidney or body kidneys can be fatal and may result in pain and suffering through debilitating dialysis or the need for a transplant;
- Collapsed lung – a collapsed lung is both dangerous and scary, as a victim may be unable to breath and hyperventilate due to panic;
- Ruptured heart aortas or valves – the sheer force of a collision could result in a rupture of an aorta or valve of the heart, which is almost always fatal in a very quick manner; and
- Many other injuries.
Victims Suffering Internal Injuries Should Call the NM Truck Accident Attorneys to Schedule a Free Appointment
If you have been seriously injured in big rig wreck causing internal injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Call our experienced Albuquerque trucking accident attorneys at the NM Truck Accident Attorneys today by dialing (505) 883-5000 to learn what rights you may have. You can also contact us on our website through the easy to use and convenient Contact box located by clicking here.