Ontario Small Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer
Compensation is Available for Ontario Tow Truck Accident Victims
Most motorists probably think of tow trucks as the heroes of the highway, providing crucial roadside assistance if you are having car trouble or were involved in a crash. You will change your mind quickly if you were involved in a tow truck accident. A high-level view of California Highway Patrol (CHP) statistics reveals that there are around 7,200 truck crash casualties annually. However, this figure represents a 32 percent increase over the last 5 years.
Tow trucks accidents comprise just a fraction, but they have a profound impact on residents in Southern California. Around the Inland Empire, the heart of the trucking industry crashes with so-called “integrated” or “heavy-duty” tow trucks occur frequently. These vehicles are massive compared to the rollback tow trucks common in other areas, as they haul the big rigs that serve the region. Attorneys at Caruso Law Offices, P.C. are active members of The Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys, the largest association of plaintiff attorneys specializing in commercial truck accidents and know how to help you.
If you were hurt or lost a loved one in a tow truck collision, retaining experienced legal help should be a priority. You can rely on our attorneys at Caruso Law Offices, P.C. to tackle the complicated legal tasks and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Please contact us to schedule a free consultation with an Ontario tow truck accident lawyer, and check out a summary of the laws.
4 Things to Know About Tow Truck Crashes
The first point to note is that these collisions are covered by California personal injury laws, which are based upon the concept of negligence. To recover compensation, you must show that the accident happened because the tow truck operator failed to drive safely. In addition:
- Examples of negligence should be familiar, as you observe them among drivers across the board. Motorists speed, fail to yield right of way, run red lights, and drive while under the influence of alcohol.
- Tow trucks are a very specific type of vehicle, so there are unique examples of negligence. The operator may:
- Neglect to properly secure the vehicle being towed;
- Fail to check mirrors;
- Take turns too quickly; or
- Make erratic lane changes.
- While performing their jobs, tow truck operators are likely to be in constant communication with their employers and customers. Talking on the phone or CB radio is distracted driving that impacts their ability to safely operate the vehicle.
- The California statute of limitations applies to tow truck crash claims. You have 2 years from the date of the crash to file a lawsuit in court.
Factors that Complicate the Truck Accident Legal Process
Though the laws apply to tow truck crashes just as other motor vehicle collisions, some details make these claims complex. Consider the following:
- Due to the existence of an employment relationship, you may qualify to pursue the tow truck company for monetary damages. In addition to proving the elements of negligence, you must also show that the driver was acting within the scope of employment when the accident happened.
- Tow trucks, particularly the integrated/heavy-duty vehicles that haul 18-wheelers, are larger and heavier than autos. The size differential means serious, catastrophic injuries to the occupants of the passenger vehicle.
- In addition to negligence, there is also the theory of contributory negligence. You could encounter issues with this rule, which operates to reduce your compensation if you were also partly responsible for causing the crash.
How to Recover Compensation After a Tow Truck Collision
Our Ontario tow truck accident attorneys at Caruso Law Offices, P.C. are prepared to overcome the challenges described above. We develop solid legal strategies to counter these issues as we navigate the process, which begins by filing an insurance claim. Unfortunately, even when your rights seem clear, insurers often deny claims or make lowball counter-offers to settle. They are protecting their bottom line, especially when policy amounts are much higher compared to an individual motorist’s auto insurance coverage.
If the insurer refuses to pay a fair amount for your losses, we will take the next step by filing a lawsuit in court. It is our goal to ensure you receive full monetary damages for
- The costs of medical treatment, such as surgery, emergency care, hospitalization, physical therapy, and pain medications;
- Lost income, if you missed work because of your injuries;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Scarring and disfigurement; and
- Lost quality of life.
An Ontario Tow Truck Accident Lawyer Will Advise You on Remedies
To learn more about your options and compensation for victims, please call (909) 937-4480 or go online to reach Caruso Law Offices, P.C. We can set up a case assessment with a skilled Ontario tow truck attorney. Whether you choose to consult with us by phone or in person at our Ontario office, the consultation is always free.
I want to thank the Caruso Law Firm and all their kind, courteous staff! I couldn’t be more pleased with their service. I really appreciate all you have done to help my case.
Call to arrange a no-pressure confidential and FREE consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney in New Mexico
Our New Mexico truck accident attorneys are aggressive, result-focused advocates for injured victims. Your free consultation is always with an attorney, not a paralegal. We handle truck accident cases throughout the entire state of New Mexico and all pueblos and reservations in New Mexico.
Get a free consultation by phone, at our office, your home, the hospital or other location. We travel the state representing clients, so we can meet you anywhere in New Mexico